Friday, January 8, 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

We had quite a bit of snow during the night and it was very cold.







I bundled up in two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, two warm shirts, two scarves, a hat, a hood and two pairs of gloves; one pair with fingers, and a pair underneath without. Next I tried on a pair of Bill's lace up work boots. A little too large, but the two pairs of thick socks helped fill in the voids.

Bill and I headed to the old quarry park. We weren't the first ones to leave our footprints in the fresh snow, the deer and raccoon had already been there earlier. For a while I almost forgot how much I hate the cold. It just felt good to walk around and explore the familiar park - now it looked so different; but it was beautiful! Eventually my fingers became so cold and numb that I had a hard time operating my camera. It was time to climb a long set of stairs that led us up and out of the park.

0 comments: